San Antonio Expert AC Installation
When is my home ready for a new air conditioner?
- Have a technician determine how efficiently your current system is running. A 13 SEER air conditioner is the minimum efficiency level now made in the U.S. If you’re running a unit with a lower level SEER, it may be time for you to consider unit replacement.
- A 13 SEER unit can amount to energy savings of about 18% compared to a 10 SEER unit.
- A new, high-efficiency system can help you save 40% on cooling costs.
- If your air conditioning system is older than 7 years, it’s likely inefficient by today’s energy efficiency standards.If your air conditioning unit has been breaking down frequently and resulting in the need for AC repair, you need an experienced technician to evaluate next steps. It’s quite possible the unit needs to be replaced. Air Experts provides you with a variety of options to help you determine what works best within your budget. Financing is also available.
- In 1992, the government established a minimum cooling efficiency standard of 10 SEER for units installed in new homes. Since January 23, 2006, all air conditioning equipment has a minimum efficiency standard set and mandated by the U.S. Department of Energy.
- We’ve often found that 10 SEER units (standard in homes built through 2005) operate at 6 to 8 SEER or less. To improve efficiency, a homeowner can replace the unit or opt for an air conditioning tune-up, if the unit is in sound shape.